Thursday 16 July 2009

A list of things that I didn't like as a child, but do like now

  1. Alcohol
  2. Needlework (thank you to Miss L and Mrs S for that!)
  3. Going for walks
  4. Strong cheese
  5. Charles Dickens, the Brontes and Jane Austen.
  6. Treasure Island
  7. Having a lie in
  8. Buying clothes
  9. Getting my hair cut
  10. Massage
  11. The radio
  12. The scary bits of Dr Who
  13. Not living with my parents
  14. Getting married and having children
  15. Traveling on a train by myself
  16. Nail polish
  17. Stockings
  18. Having a nap in the afternoon
  19. Sunday papers
  20. Chili
  21. Ginger
  22. Spring onions
  23. Talking to strangers
  24. My siblings
  25. Filing my nails
  26. Map reading
  27. James Bond
  28. Star Trek
  29. Kandinsky's Cossacks
  30. Robots
I made this list in response to Jem's comment on the Three Beautiful Things post Museum pieces, the expert and prescription.

1 comment:

  1. Great list Clare. Ones food tastes change so noticeably.

    And books are so important to me now, where I couldn't really be bothered with them as a child.

    I liked afternoon naps and scary things as a child though. Strange child perhaps.

    ReplyDelete